Archaic Human was founded by two African women, who have a strong desire to contribute to the awareness of the beauty and talent that resides in Africa and its people.
What's with the name?
We call ourselves Archaic Human because archeologically speaking, archaic humans are a species with no distinct, agreed upon definition. As black women, we find that wherever we go, people are trying to put us in a box, give us a label or definition in order to explain who we are. We are happy without the label, without the box and without the definition of what it means to be a black woman. We don’t need to be explained or made sense of. We are who we choose to be. We are who we are. We are Archaic Human.
We aim to promote uniqueness as individuals and promote Africa and African-ness, through:
- The recognition and acceptance of natural and healthy hair.
- Promoting African-made hair products
- Supporting African-owned businesses
We recognise the need to uplift and support African-centred creations and those who wish to share these creations with others.
Doing the work so you don’t have to!
We are very passionate about growing healthy hair and through our healthy hair journey, we realised that there was limited knowledge about natural hair care products made by Africans for Africans.
We found it frustrating and challenging to find products and information that weren’t American-based. So we created a platform and environment where:
- We have easy access to hair products and tools
- We can expect fast and efficient delivery
- We can offer a money back guarantee for sub quality products
- Clients can expect after sales service
- We see more people we can relate to on blogs and vlogs
Whether you are just getting started on your hair journey or well on your way, allow Archaic Human to experience that journey with you.